Thursday, December 17, 2009

1925 Russian Textile Exhibit


Today I have my hands on an Original copy of
U.R.S.S. Broideries Russes, Tartares, Armeniennes
edited by Ernst Henri
a folio of colored plates showing 
The exhibits of the pavilion of 
the USSR at the International Exhibition of modern decorative arts and crafts. 
Paris, France 1925
also Known as the EXPOSITION DES ARTS DECORATIFS
the style known as Art Deco is said to have gotten its name from this exhibition.
The Russian Textile exhibits were works of the Common People 
and these 1925 Art works do reflect this

My copy is missing plate 17. which is why I love the Internet

the NYPL (New York Public Library) Digital Gallery has scanned the entire book  
and put the book online only the NYPL is missing plate 16 (which I have posted here)
a link to the NYPL Copy of this folio
http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/dgkeysearchresult.cfm?parent_id=1039307&word=


No comments:

Post a Comment